Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Irascible Blind Chess Player

Many chess players who have not progressed to the paranoid level of schizophrenia will actually publicize personal tidbits about themselves in their finger notes.

An octogenarian did just that including multiple misspellings which is probably explained by his legal blindness status. He achieved close to an expert rating and attributes his healthy old age to playing a lot of the Royal Game and spitting on his beloved spouse.

The old fart still has an aggressive mean streak and gets really pissed off if you do not give him a rematch. He seems to think his fellow competitors care if he censors them. His blitz rating is usually well below 1500.

I guess domestic violence laws must not be strongly enforced in Venezuela based on his admission he spits on his wife after beating a young whipper snapper.

I wonder if he is familiar with the record of Darpan Inani, Dennis Cummings, and Daniel Pulvett.

   1: Robert Dennis
 2: Age 87
 3: USCF 1980
 4: Its just a game, unless you do it for a living.
 5: Just celebrated my 88th! Yes,,, Key to logevity, Play chess often, and
  wrestle with your wife.
 6: Every time I whip ya I muster a large lugi and spit it my wife.  Sometimes
  I hit the wheel chair.
 7: Never too old to whip you youngsters.  In my day I would have whipped all
  you
 8: blindfolded  Matter of fact my sight is so poor I am legaILy Blind. If I
  need to change my depends during a match I do appreciate adjournments.
 9: IF YOU DECLINE A REMATCH AND ACCEPTSOMEONE ELSE'S ONE RIGHT AFTER THE OFFER
10: AUTOMATIC CENSOR LIST!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. So you want to talk Irascible? Did you ever play San Antonio practitioner of psychiatry John Patty? We would come in from Austin Texas and this dude had a sort of whiny crybaby way about him.

    This guy play Grobs opening against Patty and actually had the initiative after 1. g4 around 10 moves into the game. Patty won the game, but only because White blundered a piece, but ole John Patty was berating the dude for play g4 even though Patty was a master on his floor of 2200 who did not really know what he was talking about. The other guy started getting pissed at his poor manners and the TD finally came over.
    Riverside and San Bernardino, CA. He won Toronto Championship 8 times.

    ReplyDelete